Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

First of all I hope you all had a great Easter weekend and I hope you all got a lot out of conference and enjoyed it like I did! I really enjoyed what we were able to watch, but we actually only watched 2 sessions because of the transmission difficulties. But the mission is going to hand out DVDs with some sessions on it. I’m not sure how many or which ones but I’m stoked to get it. I also hope that it is in English. It is pretty cool being able to watch it in a different language, but its a lot harder to focus and pay attention and get what I normally would out of it because it’s hard to understand it all in Portuguese. It’s a cool experience, but I hope I can watch it in English to understand it all the way I should. :) I hope you all don’t take it for granted how easy it is for you guys to see it there. It is much more difficult here, and I think how I only have to listen to or see conference just one more time here, but they are here every single time and they don’t even get to see ALL the sessions. It’s sad really. But hopefully when the country grows in the Gospel more, they will have better transmissions and satellite access.

So this week we had our interviews with President Torgan, and as usual they were really good. It was pretty awesome because lately I have been thinking and praying about how to figure out how I can be a better missionary and how we can have more success here with our investigators and things...well the training that Pres. Torgan gave us that day totally helped and answered my questions, prayers, and my doubts! It was for sure way cool! I am really grateful for the Spirit in my life. I feel so lucky to have the Spirit with me all the time to guide me. My personal interview went really well. Pres always helps me want to be better every day. There are always things that we can do better. And he helps me figure those things out and fix them. It’s always a special opportunity to hear from President Torgan and hear his talks and trainings.

This week we found a new family that was pretty awesome! The dads name is Fabio, and he has 4 kids. Two of them sat in and listened to our lesson, the others are really young. But this family was really nice and we had a really good lesson and it went really well. The only problem is that we don’t get to go back till this Friday, so I really just hope that when we do go back it will go really well!

We also have those 2 other investigators, Robert and Kate. They are Brazilian and they are way cool. The kid is the son of the member that has been married since he was about 17 ha ha. But they seem to be progressing so much I love it! They are such nice people, and they literally live in like a shack. Their house is NO bigger than our SHED. It’s just crazy how small their house is. It’s sad, but it’s amazing that they are still happy. And they will be even MORE happy if they keep going and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am hoping for the best for them. They just moved here and are trying to make things work out. And I know that our Heavenly Father is helping and them and will of course continue to help. I just hope they realize that fact. They are very nice people and our lessons with them are always spiritual and very good. We just had a lesson with them on Saturday and it was just awesome! I loved it. We talked about Baptism with them too. But they need time, or so they think ha ha, but we will just keep going with them and hope that they pray and read and gain a testimony! :)

So remember that crazy nasty stuff we ate last week? Well we almost had to AGAIN this week! But, luckily we got to SELF SERVE ourselves and it was just really casual so we just took everything AROUND the feet. Ugghhh Grody. Everything else was okay tho. ;) Ha ha!

It has been a good week. We are coming up on transfers ALREADY I can’t even believe it! It’s pretty crazy how fast time goes by when you are with a companion that you like. It almost goes TOO fast. But we love it and we hope to see some baptisms here soon! Things are going good here, I hope all is well back home. I hope you are all healthy and safe! And be smart! I Love you all!

Love Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment